Wednesday, March 26, 2008

How Will Budget Cuts Affect YOU?

While most of the questions about the statewide budget cuts remain unanswered, one thing is for sure: we will all be affected in one way or another. Do you fear delayed graduation because of courses being cut or offered less often? Do you have a younger sibling who may be kept from being admitted to a decent Florida public university? We are hosting a Town Hall meeting on April 15th with Legislators and members of the media and we need your help. Write a comment that includes YOUR questions or comments for the Legislators or Administrators, and it may be read to the Senators, Representatives, and Faculty members attending the meeting. EVENT DETAILS TO COME

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm Katherine, a 26 year old undergrad student, who for my age is already behind to be graduating. These budget cuts will personally affect me because I will be getting behind even further to begin my career and with classes being cut and/or canceled because of lack of faculty and staff, then I should aim to graduate by thirty!!

SOS project Task Force said...

I'm Harly, 20 year old undergrad in the communications department, these cuts not only affect myself but my younger siblings also who are about to graduate from High School, what are they going to think when a letter comes in the mail rejecting their applications not based on academic standing but due to a capped enrollment level?